Benefits Of Online Inductions.
Every employer is responsible for health and safety of their workers. In industries such as construction, all new employees and contractors are required to complete site specific inductions before commencing work. This means that as an employer, you are responsible for providing appropriate instructions and training to your employees and ensuring it’s done in a consistent and timely manner, validating that the training has been done properly. Sounds like a lot of work, doesn’t it? That’s where creating and delivering site inductions in an online format makes the job much easier and allows for improved and streamlined management of your induction training processes. Online inductions and online safety induction solutions enable employers to easily and cost-effectively train their staff to ensure they arrive on site fully inducted – ready to start work and stay safe. Site Specific Inductions may still be required to run face-to-face to cover any site specific dangers.
Key benefits to be enjoyed with online inductions.
training offers many benefits. Let’s look at some of them to see what makes online inductions
such an effective solution for both employers and employees.
- Decreased operation costs – online site inductions can significantly decrease costs and increase employee productivity by eliminating repetitive tasks and face-to-face inductions. By migrating inductions online, organisations can save on resources associated with induction training such as room space, printed materials and trainers. A targeted online solution will guide new employees through the induction process without the need for other staff or trainers’ involvement.
- Consistency – traditional induction training can have inconsistent messaging because it relies greatly on the tone, style and experience of a trainer. Delivering inductions online guarantees that every person will receive the same information and a consistent training experience, regardless of working patterns.
- Round-the-clock accessibility– the online format allows for induction courses to run through the Internet at any time of day or night. This enables employees to complete induction training at their convenience, from any location and on any device.
- Full control of the content – the web-based induction system allows users to manage multiple courses, employee groups and third parties through a logical interface. It enables employers to create, edit, add and delete induction content and deliver the induction process however they want. You can also publish your induction course via email and SMS, create an expiry date and set notifications.
- Continuous use – once an online induction course has been created, there’s no limit to how many times it can be used and how many employees can take it.
- Self-paced learning – online inductions allow learners to take training into their own hands. Trainees can work through content at their own pace, leave and return to the course, re-cap topics as necessary and take as long as they need to complete the training.
- Ability to assess inductees – when you induct online, you have the ability to not only test the inductees’ knowledge but also ensure the learners repeat necessary content before the course can progress or complete.
- Printable induction certificates – at the conclusion of the online induction course, successful users receive a printable completion certificate.
- Recorded training – online inductions can be electronically recorded as employees and contractors are inducted for each unique site.
- Reduced risk factors – online safety induction and site induction training overcomes many of the risks that traditional training can expose you to. For example, you can be sure that new starters have been fully informed about safety precautions before using potentially dangerous equipment or materials. Also, you can reduce security risks by providing login details to new employees only after they have completed induction.
As you can see, online site inductions offer many benefits including time, money, productivity and convenience improvements. The online induction software makes it possible for anyone to easily create and publish induction courses online and dramatically speed up the delivery of the induction training. By choosing to induct online you will be able to train and test your employees, contractors or visitors about health and safety requirements the easy and cost-effective way.
Do you have any questions or great tips to share?